Need Support?

We’re glad you visited our page to find support during a challenging time.

If you have a child at one of our Network schools, please contact the school social worker to guide you on how to access our Room of Support at the school, as well as other resources that may be of assistance.

If you do not have a child at one of our Network schools, we encourage you to contact your child’s school Social Worker for assistance.  (If you have trouble finding your child’s school Social Worker, call the BCPS Social Work office at 443-809-0305 for help.)


Please note — the organizations listed below are not directly affiliated with the Student Support Network.


Having trouble getting by each month?
You may be eligible for public benefit programs to help. The CASH Campaign makes the process of applying for benefit programs easy with access to over 20+ different benefit programs. Complete a confidential intake form here:

United Way is another great resource.  Contact them by dialing 211.

Contact the Baltimore County Department of Social Services  at (410) 853-3000 or visit the website for more information about the support available, including:

    • Emergency assistance for families facing a financial emergency, like an eviction or utility turn-off
    • Rental assistance for low-income families, elderly, and disabled persons
    • Assistance with home heating bills
    • Cash assistance for families with children (TCA)
    • Temporary cash assistance for disabled adults

Contact the Maryland Department of Human Services at 1-800-332-6347 for support, including help covering burial expenses, child care, energy bills, water bills, medical assistance, and transportation.

The Baltimore County Department of Housing and Community Development publishes a Community Partners Resource Guide.



Baltimore County Department of Social Services

    • 410-887-8463 (Mon-Fri 8:30am-4:30pm) or 410-583-9398 (Sat-Sun, and after 4:30pm)
    • Information, assistance, and emergency shelter referrals

Temporary shelters for domestic violence and human trafficking

    • Family Crisis Center: 410-285-7496
    • Turnaround: 443-279-0379


The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) provides resources to purchase food. To learn more and to apply:

For women who are pregnant, nursing, or who have children under age 5, you may also be eligible for WIC (Women, Infants, and Children). Call 410-887-6000 or email: for more information and to apply.

Baltimore County publishes monthly a list of food pantries, along with addresses, schedules, and in some cases, contact information.  For a complete list of food pantries, click here.


Community Meals/Food


  • Towson Presbyterian Church, 400 W Chesapeake Ave, Towson, MD 21204.
  • Sundays, 12p, lunch served
  • Mt Calvary AME Church, 300 Eudowood Ln # 2, Towson, MD 21286
  • Tuesdays, 6pm, dinner served


  • Perry Hall Family Worship Center,  5125 E. Joppa Rd, Perry Hall, MD 21128.
  • 3rd Saturday of each month, 11a-1pm, free groceries


Additional Food Assistance


Assistance Center of Towson Churches

    • 410-296-4855 (Mon-Fri 10am-2:45pm)
    • Food pantry, BGE assistance, eviction prevention, clothing

Catonsville Emergency Assistance (Catonsville residents only)

    • (Apply online)
    • 410-747-4357 (Mon-Thurs 9am-1pm)
    • Food pantry, BGE assistance, eviction prevention

Community Assistance Network (CAN)

    • 410-285-4674
    • Food pantry, BGE assistance, eviction prevention, clothing,furniture

Community Crisis Center (Reisterstown, Owings Mills, and Glyndon residents only)

    • 410-526-7111 (Mon 5pm-7pm, Sat 9am-11am)
    • Food pantry, BGE assistance, eviction prevention

Eastern Interfaith Outreach

    • 410-391-6181
    • Food Pantry (Tues + Thurs 10am-1:00pm)
    • 155 Orville Road, Baltimore, MD 21221

Hereford Food Bank (Baltimore County Hereford residents only)

    • 410-343-0660 (Tues + Thurs 1pm-3pm & Sat 9am-11am)
    • Food pantry, BGE assistance, eviction prevention

Jewish Community Services

    • 410-466-9200
    • Emergency food, BGE assistance, eviction prevention (for residents of Central area)

Southwest Emergency Services

    • 410-247-8154 (Mon, Wed.,Fri. 9am-Noon)
    • Food pantry and clothing

United Churches Assistance Network (UCAN)

    • Call 410-628-2102 for appointment for help with food pantry, eviction prevention, BGE assistance, prescriptions (for northern area residents only)

We Are Family

    • Food pantry – call 410-655-7125 and leave a message
    • 8615 Church Lane, Randallstown, MD 21133


For assistance with health insurance, including Medicaid, apply at  or call 1-855-642-8572.


Baltimore County Health Department

    • 6401 York Road, Baltimore, MD 21212
    • 410-887-2243 (Mon-Fri 8:30am-4:30pm)

Bureau of Behavioral Health

    • 410-887-3828 (Mon-Fri 8:30am-4:30pm)
    • Mental health, substance abuse, and tobacco prevention

Mobile Crisis Response System, Baltimore County

    • 410-931-2214 (24 hours day / 7 days week)

Health Care for the Homeless – Baltimore County

    • Call for appointment: 443-777-2300
    • Medical care for adults and children, immunizations, GYN, HIV and pregnancy testing


For information on specialized transportation services for general purpose trips, click here.

For transportation information for Medical Assistance (MA) recipients who reside in Baltimore County, and who are in need of transportation to access medically necessary services, click here.


Community Assistance Network (CAN)

    • Call 410-285-4674 for assistance with finding employment

Department of Economic Development, Baltimore County 

    • Central: 410-887-7940, East: 410-288-9050, West: 410-887-8912 
    • Job skills training and job search services