The Student Support Network would not exist without volunteers! Hundreds of caring individuals consistently give of their time each year to support local students, providing value far beyond what we would be able to with staff alone.
Ready to get involved? Here are some things we need help with right now.
- Advocacy: Raise your voice on behalf of students in need! Visit our Advocacy page to learn more about how the Network advocates for kids and to join our Advocacy Committee.
- Bookkeeping: Numbers person? We are in need of an experienced bookkeeper or accountant to help on a regular basis.
- Collecting Donations of Items: If you’re a natural connector, this may be the job for you. Put the word out to your community when coats, backpacks, or food is needed, and offer up your home as a local drop-off spot for your friends and neighbors.
- Data Entry/Administrative Tasks: Some people are at their best at their desk! If this is you, we could use your help tracking data, tabulating impact, folding letters…you get the gist!
- Event Planning: Calling all party people! We have events from time to time and love to have input and assistance from our community.
- Fundraising: Let’s put some “fun” in fundraising! Join us in our peer-to-peer fundraising efforts — it’s easier than you might think to ask, when it’s a cause you care about!
- Seeking In-Kind Donations: Many local business owners love to donate surplus products to charity, but they won’t know to give to the Network unless they’re asked! Help us spread the word when we need specific supplies, food, and goods.
- Social Media: Got the gift of gab? Join the conversation on Student Support Network’s social media channels! Whether you contribute content or simply “like” and “share,” you can help us achieve algorithm greatness.
- Sorting and Stocking Donations: Some people lay on the beach to relax, others organize! If you’re the latter, join us at our storage space at Goucher College to sort the items we’ll distribute to students and keep our inventory up to date.
- Transporting Donations to Schools: Put that minivan to good use! We occasionally need drivers to load up their trunks with donated items and transport them from our storage area at Goucher College to Network schools. Soon they’ll be in the hands of students!
- Website Support: WordPress wizard? Put your skills to good use by volunteering to make occasional updates to this site!
Volunteer Interest Form
By completing this form, you are giving the Network permission to add you to the Monthly Volunteer Interest Newsletter, featuring our most up-to-date volunteer opportunities.
It is the policy of this organization to provide equal opportunities without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or disability.